Diarrhea Causes And Home Remedies
Diarrhea can inflict almost anyone. It refers to increased water content as well as the high frequency of stools. The colour of the liquid stools can vary from light brown to green. Additionally, there may be flecks of blood, mucus, or semi digested food in the stools. Luckily, in most cases, diarrhea only occurs over a short period and responds rather well to a number of well tried treatments.
Most diarrhea results from viral infections that take place in the intestines and stomach (gastroenteritis). The infection inflames and irritates the intestines, thus making it less able to absorb food and liquids.
• People with lactose intolerance (the inability to digest lactose) who have consumed dairy products will allow the lactose to ferment in the large intestine where it can cause bloating, flatus, diarrhea and pain.
• Consuming large quantities of artificial sweeteners such as hexitols, mannitol and sorbitol can cause diarrhea.
• Food poisoning leading up to diarrhea is caused by bacteria such as salmonella, E.coli and campylobacter.
• Emotional stress and anxiety can have an unpleasant effect on the digestive system and can spark off diarrhea. Once the stress or anxiety is gone, diarrhea stops.
• Some women experience diarrhea immediately before or during menstruation.
• Antibiotics can upset the healthy balance between the good and bad bacteria in the intestine, resulting in diarrhea. Such antibiotics include doxycycline, digoxin, ampicillin, clindamycin, tetracycline and dirithromycin.
• Diarrhea can be a side-effect from drugs like immunosuppressants and those used for lowering cholesterol; for treating rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, cancer, osteoporosis, urinary tract infections, HIV and manic phase of bipolar disorder.
• Diarrhea treatment can be achieved by using Ginger. In cases of diarrhea that were caused by indigestion, fresh or dry ginger has shown to be very useful. Use a piece of dry ginger along with a small crystal of rock salt, a qtr. Tsp. of this powder should be taken with a small piece of jaggery.
• Diarrhea treatment can be achieved by using Pomegranate. Pomegranate has shown to be very effective in treating diarrhea because of its astringent properties. If a patient becomes weak due to diarrhea, he or she should by given 50ml of Pomegranate juice to drink. This will help to control the diarrhea.
• Diarrhea treatment can be achieved by using Bottle Gourd. The juice of bottle gourd is a very valuable medicine that is used to treat excessive thirst caused by diarrhea. Take a glass of the juice with a pinch of salt to help treat diarrhea.
• Diarrhea treatment can be achieved by using Mango Seeds. Mango seeds are very valuable in treating diarrhea. Take a dose of one to two grams with or without honey. Use twice daily.
• Diarrhea treatment can be achieved by using Rice. Rice has shown to very useful in treating diarrhea within children. Take a teaspoon of the powder of charred parboiled rice, mixed with buttermilk. Give doses of 30 grams every half hour.
Posted under Over The Counter Psoriasis Treatment
This post was written by TKB_Editor on July 14, 2011