Home Remedy for Psoriasis on Scalp
Many long term sufferers of psoriasis have practically given up going to the doctor about it any longer. They feel they’ve tried everything possible, and still not experienced much – if any relief. Many are starting to find however, that there are several home remedies which work quite well in reducing or eliminating the symptoms of psoriasis.
Home remedies for are basically the same as home remedies for psoriasis on other parts of your body too. Keep in mind that some home remedies work better than others, and some will work for one person while not seeming to do much at all for another.
Now let’s look at some of the popular home remedies other people have used successfully to treat scalp or other forms of psoriasis:
1. Fish or Flax Seed Oil – Herbal medicine specialists feel that psoriasis is at least aggravated, if not caused in part by, a lack of essential omega-3 fatty acids in the body. By simply adding a daily supplement of fish or flax seed oil, many people have noticed drastic thinning out of the scaly plaques from psoriasis, and the redness and itching is often reduced too. Some people have had their psoriasis clear up just by using fish or flax seed oil on a daily basis.
2. Other vitamins that help – There are several other vitamins and minerals that can help reduce or relieve the symptoms of scalp psoriasis when taken regularly. These include Vitamin A, D, and Zinc. A good home remedy for scalp psoriasis would include the use of products which contain extra vitamin A, D, or Zinc in them. Be careful not to use harsh shampoos however, because this can cause the scalp to dry out even further and that can aggravate and enhance the psoriasis.
3. Get some sun – Sunlight is a great home remedy for scalp psoriasis, because the UV rays from sunlight help kill the skin cells faster and thus cause them to flake off at a quicker rate.
4. Oatmeal soaking – Soaking in oatmeal, or covering your head with an oatmeal paste in the case of scalp psoriasis, can both reduce itching and make the scales softer. Oatmeal is an excellent natural skin softening remedy.
5. Aloe Vera – Aloe vera juice or gel is another excellent home remedy for scalp psoriasis. It relieves and reduces itching, penetrates the skin to help it heal on all levels, and helps to soften the psoriasis scales too. Be careful to use pure aloe vera however, because over the counter beauty products often have additives such as alcohol and fragrance, which can just aggravate the psoriasis even more.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar – This is a natural home remedy for scalp psoriasis that works by helping to restore the natural PH balance of your skin. Rub it into your scalp and leave it on for an hour or so, then wash it out with a gentle herbal shampoo which has natural oils. Jojoba oil is a great one to try, because its molecules are small enough to penetrate the thicker psoriasis scales.
Click here to read more about
I am a graphic designer by trade but moonlight as a writer and blogger. I like to write about things that have somehow had an impact on my life in the hope that they can perhaps help somebody else
I enjoy playing golf & football and spend the rest of my spare time fishing or with my son out in the woods.
You can check out my latest lense at Home Remedy for Psoriasis on Scalp
Posted under Natural Cures For Psoriasis
This post was written by TKB_Editor on July 5, 2011
More Blog Post
Previose Post: Causes and Home Remedies for Dandruff Remove