Natural Home Remedy for Psoriasis Treatment
Psoriasis is a noncontagious common skin condition that causes rapid skin cell reproduction resulting in red, dry patches of thickened skin. The dry flakes and skin scales are thought to result from the rapid buildup of skin cells. Psoriasis commonly affects the skin of the elbows, knees, and scalp.
Read more on and and
Some people have such mild psoriasis (small, faint dry skin patches) that they may not even suspect that they have a medical skin condition. Others have very severe psoriasis where virtually their entire body is fully covered with thick, red, scaly skin.
Causes of Psoriasis
1. Metabolism of amino acids
2. Abnormality in the mechanism through which the skin grows and replaces itself
3. Heredity Factors
5. Injury to the skin
6. Certain medicines
7. Skin infection
Symptoms of Psoriasis
1. Red and irritated skin
2. Bright silvery scales on skin
4. Feeling stressed out
6. Feeling of helplessness
Psoriasis can be treated using different combination therapies and treatments depending on the severity of the disease, the age and the gender of the person. Prescription medications, drugs or steroids are given in case of severe psoriasis. In milder cases, lotions, creams or without prescription ointments can also be used. In some cases, phototherapy is used which makes use of light to treat psoriasis. Sometimes, even injections are used to treat psoriasis. These treatments are used singly or in combination. However, one can even go for certain home remedies or natural methods that help in reducing itchiness caused during psoriasis. Let us have a look at it.
Home Remedies for Psoriasis
1. Wash cabbage leaves in warm water.Roll them out with a rolling pin and place them on the affected area. Bandage them so they stay secure in place.Use daily to treat psoriasis.
2. Mix a cup of bittergourd juice with a tsp of lime juice. Drink daily to treat this problem effectively.
3. Apply avocado oil gently over the affected areas.
4. The oil from the outershell of a cashew is very useful in treating this condition.It must be applied liberally over the affected areas to cure psoriasis.
5. Drink buttermilk regulary and also apply some over the affected parts.
6. Take about 400gms of Vitamin E everyday to reduce the appearanc eof psoriasis.
7. Take 6-9 lecithin tablets everyday. 2-3 before each meal.When taking in the form of granules take about 4 tbsp everyday for 2 months then reduce dosage to 2 tbsp per day.
1. Water helps to flush out toxins, so it’s important to drink plenty of it. Adding fresh lemon juice to some of your water can also work as an added boost to cleanse out the system.
2. Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet, focusing on raw fruits and vegetables. Avoid eating too many fruits and vegetables that are cooked, frozen and canned, since these causes’ foods to lose many of their nutrients and vitamins.
3. Make sure to get plenty of fiber, which is needed to help keep the bowels healthy and prevent toxins from being reabsorbed into the system.
4. Taking fish oil supplements can help the intestinal wall to heal properly and prevent further problems with toxins being absorbed through the lining.
5. Taking the herb Slippery Elm before meals can help by lining the intestinal wall and prevent anything from being absorbed through the lining.
This post was written by editor on June 13, 2011