Effective Home Remedies for Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a non-contiguous ordinary skin state that causes rapid skin cell reproduction resulting in red, dry patches of thickens skin.
Psoriasis (sore-EYE-ah-sis) is a medical state that occurs when skin cells grow too rapidly.
Faulty signals in the immune system cause new skin cell to form in days rather than weeks.
The body does not shed these surplus skin cells, so the cells pile up on the outside of the skin and lesions form.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin chaos that affects 1% to 3 % of the world’s population.
It is characterized by episodic flare-ups of well distinct red patches enclosed by a silvery, flaky scale on the extensor surfaces and the scalp.
There are several variations of psoriasis but the most common type is chronic plaque psoriasis. The exact cause of psoriasis is unknown, but it is believed that a combination of several factors contribute to the development of this disease.
Causes of Psoriasis
The exact cause still remains a ambiguity, some cases may be triggered by viral infections, immunisation or a phase of extreme stress.
Psoriasis has a transmissible component, some people can be carriers, i.e., they pass on the disease, even if they do not in fact show the symptoms
- Family history of psoriasis.
- Stress or anxiety.
- Reaction to certain drugs.
- Certain infections such as strep throat.
- Drinking alcohol.
Symptoms of Psoriasis
- Dry, red patches of skin are the most well-known symptom of psoriasis.
- The skin replaces itself more speedily than normal, causing surfeit skin cells to pile up in thick layers.
- Roughly half of citizens with psoriasis also have irregular fingernail growth that results in pitting, crumbling, or tint of the nail.
Currently, there is no cure for psoriasis. However, there are many action options that can clear psoriasis for a period of time.
Each treatment has compensation and disadvantages, and what works for one patient may not be successful for another.
Board-certified dermatologists have the medical training and experience needed to determine the most appropriate treatments for each patient.
Home Remedies for Psoriasis
- Take cod liver oil, lecithin, linseed oil, vitamin E, and zinc to fasten the healing process.
- Cabbage leaves have been fruitfully used in the form of compresses in the treatment of psoriasis. They should be systematically washed in warm water and dried with a towel. The leaves should be compressed, softened and round out by rolling them with a rolling pin after removing the thick veins, they should be warmed and then sensible easily to the affected part in an overlapping manner. A pad of soft woollen cloth be supposed to be put over them. Then secure it with an elastic bandage.
- The use of curd in the form of buttermilk has proved useful in psoriasis and the patient should drink it in liberal quantities. The claim of buttermilk compresses over the affected parts will also be helpful in treating this state.
- The oil of avocado has been found obliging in the treatment of psoriasis.
Let us accept that psoriasis is definitely an incurable medical condition, so, knowing and being able to control psoriasis break outs is of extreme importance. Knowledge of the many natural cures for psoriasis, and natural remedies for psoriasis particularly those relating to scalp psoriasis treatment, will be of a great help.
Read more on Home Remedies For Psoriasis.
Posted under Psoriasis Home Remedies
This post was written by editor on June 2, 2011