Sun exposure for the treatment of Psoriasis
The Dead Sea is known worldwide for the effectiveness of natural treatments on Psoriasis, and rheumatism. Dead Sea treatments have been proven to be as, if not more, effective in the disappearance of symptoms and lesions and the length of the remission period.
Dead Sea treatments for Psoriasis, eczema and rheumatism are a combination of a number of treatment modalities:
- Immersion in the extremely saline waters of the Dead Sea.
- Application of mineral rich mud on affected areas of the body.
- Exposure to the extremely dry air of the region.
- Controlled expose to natural sunlight.
This article will deal primarily with exposure to sunlight which, in the mind of many, causes worry.
- Exposure to the sun s rays is done in accordance to the directions of a physician and for controlled amounts of time.
- The treatment regime is determined by the length of exposure to the sun, skin type, season, time of treatment, and medical diagnosis.
- The quantity of radiation is determined individually for each patient. For psoriasis patients the ideal dosage is 3.1 units of radiation by the end of a four week treatment course. This is significantly lower than in any artificial UV radiation treatment.
- As the lowest point of the surface of the globe, the atmosphere in the area is denser and filters out much of the suns UV radiation.
From this, it can be understood that fears of sunburn and other side effects from exposure to UV radiation as part of the treatment can be put aside. The controlled and timed exposure to the sun s rays is done in such a way so as to acclimatize the patient to longer periods of exposure, without the risk of burning. Furthermore, the use of Dead Sea mud packs whilst undergoing sun treatments further reduces the expose to UV radiation.
We all know medical research has not yet found a cure for psoriasis, therefore, knowing how to control psoriasis break outs is of utter importance. Being familiar with the many natural cures for psoriasis, and natural remedies for psoriasis particularly those relating to scalp psoriasis treatment, will help.http://naturalcuresforpsoriasis.net
In conclusion, research studies have shown that controlled and supervised exposure to the sun s rays for the treatment of Psoriasis, eczema and rheumatism, along with water immersion and mineral mud packs, bring fast and long lasting relief from Psoriasis, eczema and rheumatism without the use of toxic medications or corticosteroids.
Posted under How To Cure Psoriasis
This post was written by editor on June 8, 2011
More Blog Post
Previose Post: Psoriasis Treatment With Aloe Vera