Individuals suffering from psoriasis deserve all the support they need from their families as well as the best psoriasis treatment available nowadays. Having to deal with psoriasis can be very frustrating. However, with the right treatment approach, lifestyle and attitude, the condition can be managed well.
It should be understood that psoriasis is a chronic skin disease that varies in severity and has no known cure at present. There are some mild cases that affect only small portions of the skin around the body, usually in patches, and there are also some that can affect the entire body. Severe cases can be very painful and can cause disfigurement.
The level of medical attention depends upon the severity and type of psoriasis that a person has. Some respond well to prescription topical steroid creams and ointments. The only possible drawback with regards to the use of steroids for a prolonged period of time is the potential side effects. Still, steroid creams and ointments prove to be effective in a lot of cases just as long as the patient has no allergies to any of its active components.
Moisturizers are an important element of managing psoriasis. Keeping the skin, particularly the affected areas, moisturized is one of the best psoriasis treatment approaches. Although they will not cure the condition or lessen its severity, moisturizers can soothe the skin thereby relieving discomfort and extreme flaking.
Hypoallergenic moisturizers which are fragrance free are good options. When choosing a product, it is important to opt for the ones which are dermatologist recommended and the ones that are clinically proven to relieve dry skin for longer periods. Moisturizers that contain natural ingredients such as natural colloidal oatmeal may also be beneficial.
Mineral oils are also considered as one of the best psoriasis treatment because they can help retain moisture to the skin, minimize itchiness and discomfort and control skin chapping. A lot of patients feel a lot more comfortable after a mineral oil bath because it can soothe the entire skin area.
Phototherapy is also one of the most widely used treatment options for psoriasis. With the use of special equipment, the affected areas are exposed to selected parts of the solar spectrum for a short period of time. Dermatologists, physical therapists and other health professionals facilitate in the process. Phototherapy or brief exposure to solar radiation had been proven to be a best psoriasis treatment because majority of the patients experience a favourable outcome after several treatment sessions.
There are some patients who also believe in alternative methods of treating psoriasis. There is nothing to lose in trying out some of the options available as most of them are actually good for the body and promote wellness. Some of the most widely used alternative treatment methods include meditation and relaxation, homeopathy, diet modification, osteopathy and hypnosis.
Those who believe in traditional Chinese medicine also try out various products but there are no clinical studies or medical data that support the use of these Chinese herbal products.
Allergic reactions to certain products can worsen the discomfort and further aggravate the problem. Sticking to the best psoriasis treatment that is proven safe, effective and does not have harmful side effects is very important to manage the condition.
Darlene is a health care specialist and medical provider.
This post was written by editor on June 12, 2011
Medical specialists, researchers and mainstream doctors all feel there is not yet a cure for psoriasis, however many alternative and holistic medical enthusiasts feel they’re wrong. Many people feel they have found a natural cure for psoriasis, and more often than not, the consensus is there are several natural cures for Psoriasis.
Psoriasis is a chronic skin condition which can be debilitating for some people. It generally involves red, flaky, dry, cracked, bleeding, itching skin. Psoriasis is common on elbows, knees, and on the scalp, but some people experience it all over their body, on their feet and ankles, and on their genitals too.
The actual cause of psoriasis is not fully known yet, but it is considered to be a problem created by our own body’s immune system. Normally functioning bodies will shed dead skin cells about every thirty days. In the interim, new skin cells are developing and maturing deep below the surface, and those gradually rise to replace the ones that will soon shed. With psoriasis however, these new skin cells rise to the surface much faster – in three to six days instead of 30 – and this causes a “pile up” of sorts on the surface because the older cells are not yet ready to be shed.
Medical professionals tend to treat the symptoms of psoriasis, but since they don’t feel there is yet a cure then they aren’t usually able to solve the problem entirely. Psoriasis can recede for months at a time however, then flair up again with certain triggers such as an infection, or high stress.
Alternative medicine says there is actually a natural cure for psoriasis though. In fact, there are several. Some options for the most effective ways to cure psoriasis naturally include: Body detoxification, colon cleansing, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
1. Body detoxification can be done in many ways. The most popular, and possibly the fastest, is to go on a juice fast. There are many types of juice fasts available commercially these days, but it’s usually best to go with something proven, and something that uses all natural ingredients. One such juice fast that works really well for detoxifying your body is the lemonade diet.
Detoxification can also be accomplished by simply changing your diet, without going as drastic as a juice fast. This method takes much longer to detoxify fully, but if done properly it can result in the same success.
2. Colon cleansing is another extremely fast way to start detoxifying your body. When your colon is backed up with years of waste that hasn’t been moved out of your body properly, that waste can become toxic and release poisons into your blood stream, skin and other organs. This is often referred to as “The Leaky Gut Syndrome”. These poisons then cause many health problems, one of which is believe to be psoriasis and similar skin diseases.
3. Omega-3 Fatty Acids are essential minerals that most Americans lack in their bodies. And simply adding these as a dietary supplement every day can be a natural cure for psoriasis and other chronic health conditions. You can increase your intake of omega-3 fatty acids by eating more fish, or simply buy either fish oil or flax oil capsules at a local health food or herbal store.
When it comes to psoriasis specifically, not all natural cures and remedies will work the same for everyone. And it usually takes different lengths of time to see results as well. This is because each of our bodies are different, and one person’s level of body toxicity is usually different than another’s.
Note: Statements in this article are not approved by the FDA.
This post was written by editor on June 11, 2011
Psoriasis cure is just as delicate as it seems; since it is a condition that affects the skin and gives the patient rough time, and it demands immediate attention and treatment. Its causes are varied hence; its treatment is very interesting. It is caused by different infections, skin injuries, abnormal in amino acid metabolism, seasonal changes among other things.
Some home therapies have been recommended by physiotherapists to be used to cure or check the disease. Epson salts makes a good home therapy for psoriasis, putting Epson salts in your bath water helps a great deal in limiting psoriasis. This can be made more effective when a sparing olive oil application is done just after the Epson salts bath.
Taking seawater baths on regular basis can prove crucial in handling the adversary of psoriasis. The effects of seawater and its application to affected sections or parts of the skin are just wonderful. It is one of the recommended home therapies of psoriasis cure.
Another effective home therapy for psoriasis is the bitter gourd. It is advised that an affected person takes a cupful of bitter gourd vegetable, having a mixture of limejuice (teaspoonful). This drink must be taken before any meal for several months (4-6). It has been known to bring down the itching effects of the psoriasis hence giving these patients a new life altogether.
By taking cabbage leaves and using them in compressed form sometime on the affected area; that’s after the removal of thickened veins and making sure the area is cleaned well. It makes the best home therapy for psoriasis cure. With the presence of sunlight, psoriasis can be cured after effectively adhering to recommended psoriasis home therapies.
The use of Vitamin E is also a recommended therapy; using 200 to 800 I.U dose is known to reduce the itching. The addition of lecithin is viewed as a big step in the struggle for psoriasis cure too. Steady use of this product makes it easy for a smooth psoriasis cure.
The availability of Aloe Vera Gel and garlic oil is also termed as a victorious step in curing psoriasis. Their application to affected parts proves a home therapy for psoriasis. Cashew nut oil application to the psoriasis area is great and helps reduce the disease’s prevalence. By consistently adhering to the home therapy schedule, you are sure to win the war of psoriasis hence achieve psoriasis cure.
This post was written by editor on June 11, 2011
Psoriasis is a common chronic, relapsing, non-contagious skin disorder characterised by red patchy lesions, with grey or silvery-white, dry scales, which are frequently painful, itchy and may bleed. Lesions are typically distributed symmetrically on the scalp, elbows, knees and essentially any part of the body.
Guttate psoriasis is the next most common type of psoriasis. Widespread small, red spots on the skin are strong indications of gestate psoriasis. Tear shaped spots may be seen during a breakout of this type. These spots are usually an acute situation frequently linked to a bacterial or viral infection. It usually appears on the trunk of the body and the limbs.
This type of psoriasis by and large is most often afflicts children and young adults. Many cases of gestate psoriasis are mild and will vanish without treatment. More severe cases may imply treatment and an appointment with your doctor.
Causes or Risk Factors: – The exact cause of psoriasis is unknown; however, numerous studies have attempted to define the risk factors for developing psoriasis. The following have been named as risk factors for the development of psoriasis,
1. Family history (genetics): – This is the most well established risk factor for the development of psoriasis. Approximately 40% of patients with psoriasis have a family history amongst first-degree relatives. It has also been noted that psoriasis develops in as many as half of the siblings when both parents have psoriasis, this falls to 16% when only one parent is affected, and 8% when neither parent is affected but there is an affected sibling.
2. Infections: – Bacterial and viral infections may be linked to psoriasis; however, beyond streptococcus, the role of other infections in precipitating psoriasis has not been studied.
Throughout history, people have relied on Aloe Vera to help heal a wide range of human ailments, particularly skin problems such as drying, flaking, itching, cracking and fungal conditions. Organic Aloe Vera is a recommended psoriasis natural treatment Aloe Vera natural psoriasis cream and psoriasis shampoo encourage water retention in dry skin tissue, rids dead skin cells, and stimulate healthy skin growth.
Psoriasis is a stubborn and difficult skin condition to treat but Psoriasis is non-contagious. Psoriasis may be hereditary, as it does run in some families. 60% of psoriasis sufferers have a relative with the condition. However, researchers are not yet sure of exactly how it is passed through family members.
Aloe Vera is a mild anaesthetic, antibacterial & antifungal, containing anti-inflammatory fatty acids. These components have shown to give psoriasis relief by relieving itching, swelling, redness and pain. Aloe Vera penetrates rapidly and deeply, infusing dry skin with desperately needed moisture. It is cooling, soothing and moisturising and it stimulates the growth of new cells with natural steroids, enzymes, nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and amino acids.
The link below this article will provide you with a range of psoriasis natural treatment products, psoriasis cream and psoriasis shampoo for lasting psoriasis relief.
This post was written by editor on June 10, 2011
Aloe Vera is one of the oldest medicinal plants known to man. This “miracle plant” has more than 200 varieties though only 4 to 5 of them are used for medicinal purposes. Aloe Vera is also known as Ghee Kanwar and Ghreetakumari in different parts of the world. The health benefits of this wonder plant are well-known all around the globe.
Curing internal problems of the body
Aloe Vera gel is known to provide relief from kidney diseases, stomach problems and severe headaches. The yellow gel called “latex” which is found on the backside of the leaf acts as a laxative and helps relieving constipation and bloating. The Magnesium lactate present in Aloe Vera is also known to act as an antihistamine, thus bringing considerable relief from chest inflammations and sinus trouble. The Aloe gel that has been extracted from the plant should be blended with water or juice before being consumed.
Curing skin problems
Aloe Vera gel can be blended with wheat germ oil and sunflower oil to reduce bruising of the skin. In case of cuts, skin abrasions, sunburns, blisters, rashes, insect bites, cold sores and scalds, the gel should be applied topically. It will prevent infection and fight bacteria as it acts as an antiseptic. Applying the gel on the wound twice or thrice a day will promote healing. Women have been also known to use Aloe gel with their cream to moisture and soften the skin. Aloe is believed to regenerate the skin and reduce acne, eczema, wrinkles, pigmentation and sun spots.
Curing hair problems
Aloe Vera gel is an extremely effective treatment for dandruff, psoriasis, dermatitis and hair loss. Try substituting your regular hair gel with pure Aloe gel and see the effect it has on your hair quality.
Curing dental problems
Massaging Aloe Vera gel directly onto the gums will help reduce pain, inflammation and promote healing in case of damage. It will also reduce plaque and fight tooth decay. You can use the Aloe gel along with your toothpaste.
Taking care of the eyes
You can make an eye wash by mixing a cup of water with half-a-teaspoon of powdered aloe gel. You can also add a teaspoon of boric acid. Filter the mixture to get rid of any hard particles which may cause irritation to the eyes and use it for washing the eyes.
Curing muscle pain
Aloe Vera gel is believed to bring about a lot of relief to people who suffer from muscle pain, sprain, strain and arthritic pain. It gets absorbed into the skin quickly. You can use the gel on the skin twice or thrice a day with a cold compress.
If you want to use Aloe Vera gel regularly for treating ailments, you can grow it on your own. It is pretty easy to grow as long as there is a lot of sunlight. It will not grow well in cold and dry weather though. So go ahead and enjoy the full benefits of this miracle plant.
Are you ready to discover all the benefits of Aloe Vera Gel ? Visit www.aloeveraproducts.ca today for more information!
Posted under Aloe Vera Psoriasis
This post was written by editor on June 10, 2011
Psoriasis is a chronic, non-infectious disease that affects mostly the skin. It is presently supposed to be autoimmune in origin. It usually causes red, scaly patches to emerge on the skin, though some patients contain no dermatological symptoms.. Skin quickly collect at these sites and takes on a silvery-white appearance. Plaques regularly happen on the skin of the elbows and knees, but can influence any region counting the scalp, palms of hands and soles of feet, and genitals. In difference to eczema, psoriasis is extra probable to be found on the extensor feature of the joint.
Causes of Psoriasis
1. Due to irregularity in the mechanism in which the skin grows and put back itself
2. Irregularity with the metabolism of amino acids
3. Use of sure medicines
4. Unpaid to infections
5. Genetics issue are also responsible
6. Bodily and emotional strain
Symptoms of Psoriasis
1. Red and aggravated skin with brilliant silvery scales
2. Sometimes escort with slight itching
Treatment to Avoid Psoriasis
Dead Sea Salts, this conventional psoriasis treatment to healing obviously has been used in the center east for thousands of years. We have a 6 week psoriasis treatment agenda designed to employ in your home.
Herbal removal like Oregon Grape Root Extract and Herbal Detox Tea mixtures that quietly cleanse your body of toxins and assist optimize your liver purpose. Herbs have traditionally been used for psoriasis treatment and skin situation.
Mild herbal psoriasis creams and shampoos that hold FDA accepted ingredients to join nature with science.
Home Remedies to Get Rid for Psoriasis
1. Gets a well balanced diet counting fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and grains.
2. Relate a moisturizer to lubricate and soften scaly patches of skin.
3. Get an every day bath in temperate water to soak off the scales.
4. Attempt deep breathing and recreation exercise to decrease stress.
5. Do not get tea, coffee, all animal fats, and procedure foods.
6. Don’t scrape or rub patches of congeal skin.
7. Keep away from harsh skin products and lotions that hold alcohol. They may dehydrated the skin and create psoriasis worse.
8. Stay your towel, clothes part and clean.
9. Drink gradually a cup of fresh juice of Bitter Gourd (Karela) varied with a teaspoon of lime juice on an empty stomach every day for 3-4 months. It is extremely effectual in psoriasis treatment.
10. You can also relate Aloe Vera gel or cream finely to aggravated and itchy patches of skin and rub calmly. It is too helpful in psoriasis cure.
11. Boil several soap nuts in water and relate on the exaggerated parts. This will too gives release from psoriasis.
12. Wrap a fresh thin banana leaf on the exaggerated part. This is extremely effectual in curing psoriasis.
13. Create a dilute clarification of lime juice with water. Relate this outwardly on the psoriatic patches.
14. Cabbage soup is also an effectual home remedy for psoriasis. Drink one bowl of it daily.
15. Comprise Vitamin E-rich food in the diet of the patients anguish from psoriasis such as spinach, almond oil, sweet potato, sunflower seeds, and wheat germs.
This post was written by editor on June 10, 2011
Psoriasis is a very chronic disease that leads to thick, silvery, red scaly patches on the skin and causes inflammation of the skin. This skin problem is seen in the age group of 15-30 years. This is not a communicable disease but occurs due to the faulty immune system. There are different types of Psoriasis – Plague, Guttate, Pustular, Inverse and Erythrodermic Psoriasis.
Factors that are responsible for causing this skin disorder are seasonal changes, any type of injury to the skin, hereditary factor and various other infections. Too much of exposure to dirt and dust and walking bare boot too might lead to this skin disease.
Home remedies for Psoriasis can be opted as a safe measure to combat the harmful consequences of this. Using hot Epsom salts bath together with the application of olive oil proves beneficial. Sea water is really effective as a treatment to this problem. So either bathing in sea water or its use over the affected area will be a good remedy. Vegetables like bitter gourd, cucumber, carrot, grapes beets and cabbage leaves are easily available home remedies. Bitter gourd’s juice mixed with honey when consumed everyday is a valuable treatment for Psoriasis. Amongst the entire most natural source is Sunlight.
Aloe Vera oil or cream is also effective when applied on the skin. Boiled shikakai in water and taking bath or washing the diseased skin with it is another remedy. Cover the area with fresh banana leaf and using the powered almond on the area is fruitful. Some of the other alternatives are drinking butter milk at least twice a day, drinking sesame seed soaked in water in empty stomach, maintaining a diet consisting of rich Vitamin E are very useful in the cure of Psoriasis
There are certain restrictions on the food habits that one has to take care of. Avoiding spicy and pungent food is essential since they create toxins in the body which enhances the growth of Psoriasis. Salts and curd are to be avoided as it causes itching and irritation. Intake of fatty foods like butter and too much oil should be avoided. Bitter consumption of food is healthy because it eliminates the toxins formed
Psoriasis is a skin disease which occurs as a sudden outbreak. It is very painful. Even when water is touched in the affected area it renders with tremendous twinge. Apart from the home treatment and chemical treatment, it has been found that Aurvedic treatment on the large is very successful. It gradually removes the skin problem and retains its effect for a very long time.
This post was written by editor on June 9, 2011
Psoriasis is a type of skin disease. The persons suffering from psoriasis get red patches of solver border and thick skin on the body. These patches appear especially on elbows, knees, scalp and trunk or even n the genital arms and under their arms. The affected areas are itching and painful. In spite of the fact that there are many medicines for psoriasis treatment none offers a complete relief. The great news is that some natural remedies for this skin disease offer what medicines cannot: complete cure.
1. Epson salt has proved to be a powerful enemy against psoriasis. It offers an immediate relief from pain and itching. The treatment is easy and consists in bathes with this salt. Add half a cup of Epsom salt in the bathtub and fill it with warm water. Enjoy your bath as long as you wish.
2. Another fast and beneficial natural remedy in psoriasis treatment is bitter gourd juice. The treatment lasts 6 months and consists in bitter gourd juice mixed with a teaspoon of lime juice. If you ant to obtain a guaranteed effect take the treatment in the morning on empty stomach.
3. Seawater bathes are also known for their great results in curing psoriasis. You can also apply on the patches and the itching and pain will disappear soon.
4. Vitamin D is very important for our health. The sunrays at the first hours of the morning are the most beneficial.
5. Cabbage proofs to be a great remedy in psoriasis, too. Take the fresh leaves of a cabbage and wash them in cold water. Remove their thick veins and apply them over the red patches. The effects will be observed very quickly.
6. Aloe Vera gels are very efficient if they are applied directly on the affected areas. They help you to get rid of pain and itching.
7. Vitamin E has the great property to prevent psoriasis from occurring. So it is recommended the consumption of foods that are rich in Vitamin E.
8. Mudpacks or the oil of cashew applied over the patches proved to be beneficial two. Garlic is another great remedy. Crush some fresh garlic and apply it directly on the red patches. A great relief will be felt immediately.
9. A cup of olive oil in which 2 drops of calendula and one drop of oregano oil are added is an incredible remedy for psoriasis. Massaging the affected skin with this mixture will offer you an immediate relief.
10. Take a teaspoon of wheat germ oil and another teaspoon of castor oil and add them in a cup of sunflower oil. Us this lotion to massage your whole body twice a day.
11. Marigold is very good, too. Boil three or four marigold heads in 4 cups of water. let it cool and then massage the affected areas. It is recommended to apply this lotion on your scalp, too because it has no harmful effects to your hair.
12. Avoid processed food and adopt a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. Renounce at large meals and replace them 5-6 small meals.
This post was written by editor on June 9, 2011
The aloe vera gel is one of the best ways of using this miraculous plant. The plant products are widely used for a number of purposes. Aloe is contained in most of the cosmetics and medicines as it possesses innumerable qualities. Majority of the people use this gel in the form of liquid. It can be easily extracted from the stem of the plant by breaking it.
Known to be used for a number of medicinal values, the aloe vera gel has a number of healing properties. Some of the most important benefits of using this gel include the following:
* Beneficial for the scalp and hair: the gel can be an excellent substitute for other types of hair products. It is known to prevent hair fall and treats dandruff, hair loss, psoriasis and dermatitis. It is also used as a styling gel.
* Skin treatments: application of aloe vera gel is known to cure skin diseases, abrasions, minor injuries, cuts, burns and so forth. The gel is used extensively on wounds as it regenerates the growth of skin and prevents infections.
* Softens the skin: the gel can be applied onto the skin to soothe and moisturize it. It is an excellent moisturizer which is used in most of the baby products and cosmetics. Today it has found wide application as it reduces wrinkles and other blemishes on the skin.
* Eye care: aloe vera gel is also used for soothing the eyes. It can be mixed with water and applied to soothe tired and weak eyes.
* Helps to reduce blood sugar level: the gel has many medicinal benefits which include lowering blood sugar levels.
* Periodontal care: application of the gel onto the gums helps to reduce pain and inflammation. It also promotes healing process and prevents tooth decay. It is quite effective in reducing plague.
* Relieves cough and allergies: the is abundant in magnesium lactate which acts as an antihistamine reducing allergies and coughs.
* Effective in reducing sprains and inflammation: application of aloe vera gel on muscle sprains and injuries proves to be quite effective. The anti-inflammation properties of the gel help to reduce pain. Moreover, the gel is known to have unique absorbent properties.
Other Uses of Aloe Vera Gel
There are a number of online stores that supply authentic aloe vera gel at affordable rates. Besides the above mentioned uses, there are many more advantages of using this unique and magical plant. The gel can be used as an after bath lotion when it is mixed with lemon juice. It helps to soothe the nerves and fights fatigue.
The aloe vera gel helps to reduce headaches and other ailments such as stomach disorders and constipation. It is an excellent laxative when consumed internally. The gel is also used to reduce itching and other types of skin disorders.
With benefits galore, the aloe vera gel is widely used in many parts of the world for a number of purposes. This heavenly plant can also be grown in your garden to utilise its exemplary benefits.
This post was written by editor on June 8, 2011