What Is Hydroquinone?
You may have never heard of hydroquinone but the truth is that it is present in several beauty products on the market. In fact, you may have already used several hydroquinone products. This article will provide you with information about hydroquinone including a few helpful tips to keep in mind. Caring for the skin requires knowledge and skill. You need knowledge about your skin and the products that can help to care for it. You also need skill to execute your beauty regime so that you can get the best possible results. Learning about hydroquinone will help you to understand how it can help your skin care routine.
If your suffering from age spots, dark freckles, or other skin discolorations, try Nu-Derm Sunfader by Obagi.
Hydroquinone is one of the effective skin bleaching agents. It is a chemical compound that is incorporated into ointments and creams to combat dark spots that appear on the skin. The cream is used mainly to lighten freckles, remove age spots and treat other skin discolorations. Some dermatologists consider hydroquinone to be safer and less expensive than laser treatment. Hydroquinone is used in over-the-counter and prescription products. It is at a 2% concentration in cosmetic products and a 4% concentration by prescription. While hydroquinone produces good results, there are a few tips to keep in mind.
- Do not use on skin that is suffering the effects of sunburn or windburn. Avoid skin that is dry, irritated, chapped or where an open wound exists.
- Persons who suffer from asthma, continuous sneezing, swelling in the face, liver or kidney disease should not use hydroquinone. You should also let your doctor know if you are allergic to any particular drugs.
- If you choose to use hydroquinone cream, you should follow the directions for usage. You should not use it in larger amounts or for a longer period than is recommended.
- Hydroquinone may cause your skin to become more sensitive to sunlight so protect your skin by using a daily sunscreen and wear protective clothing as well.
- Avoid exposing your skin to artificial ultra violet rays from sun lamps and tanning beds.
- Exercise care when applying the cream or product to ensure that it does not get into your eyes or mouth.
If you are using hydroquinone medication, please remember to do the following:
- Wash hands before applying the medication as you should apply the product with clean hands.
- Take a shower or bath prior to applying the medication to the skin. It is best to apply hydroquinone to clean dry skin.
- Apply the recommended amount of medication on the affected skin area. Try to avoid any application to the surrounding skin that is unaffected.
- Gently and completely massage the medication into the affected areas.
Hydroquinone is an ingredient that is found in several beauty and skin care products. It is a powerful chemical that help in the treatment of freckles and age spots. Hydroquinone may be purchased from your regular store or prescribed by your dermatologist. The concentration strength may vary depending on its intended use. The tips provided will also help you when using hydroquinone in your beauty treatment routine.
Posted under Natural Skin Care Products
This post was written by NCFP_Assistant on December 29, 2011
More Blog Post
Previose Post: Invasive Skin Fillers Are Definitely Good For You